The FES course covers the building techniques, requirements, building regulations and best practice standards for new and retrofitting low energy building projects.
Once completed participants will receive a Single Subject Certificate in Introduction to Low Energy Buildings and can then be listed on the Construction Workers Skills Register. The FES course can also be counted for CIRI CPD points.
- Galway – Partel, Clare Galway
- Tues 14th March/Sat 1st April/ Tuesday 11th April
- Cork – CIT, Bishopstown
- 12th/19th/26th April & 3rd May in Evening. Sat 22nd April for practical day
- Dublin – ITB, Blanchardstown
- Wed 10th May/ Sat 27th May/ Wed 7th June
- Limerick – CIT
- 8th/15th/29th June & 6th July in Evening. Sat 24th June for practical day
Skills & Quality Building
The Construction Worker Skills Register is an online register of training for Site Operatives and Craftworkers trained in quality building. Registered members create an online profile and upload records of training events they have attended. This facility can be of use to members in three ways:
- As a place to hold a record of their training and skills development history,
- To download or print the record in an attractive format with the Construction Worker Skills Register logo
- As a public display of their engagement with training and continuous professional development (CPD).
This Quality Building E Book was developed by the Qualibuild project for homeowners to explain the importance of quality building when considering energy efficiency retrofits.
The QualiBuild project was funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme and was completed in July 2016. The project sought to address one of the main issues identified within the Irish Build Up Skills (BUSI) Roadmap. which was that many construction workers lack the core knowledge in relation to low energy buildings.
(a) Developed and rolled out the Foundation Energy Skills Programme 200 construction workers.
(b) Developed and rolled out the Train the Trainers programme to increase the knowledge and competency of trainers involved in construction training
(c) Developed and rolled out a communications campaign to home owners on the importance of employing trades upskilled in quality and energy efficiency.
The IGBC worked in partnership with Limerick Institute of Technology,Dublin Institute of Technology and the Construction Industry Federation.
For more information on this project visit the website www.qualibuild.ie