EXEED is a new programme from SEAI for incentivising, rewarding, and facilitating energy efficiency in businesses.
Excellence in Energy Efficiency Design (EXEED) enables organisations establish a systematic approach to design, construction, and commissioning processes for new investments and upgrades to existing assets. The EXEED Certified program aims to influence and deliver new best practices in energy efficient design management. EXEED designs, verifies, and manages optimum energy performance and management at the earliest stages of the lifecycle. We also provide an EXEED grant scheme up to the value of €250,000 per year. Visit the SEAI EXEED grant information page for more information.
Eligibility for EXEED
EXEED is applicable to any sector, any organisation and any project. Projects can be of any scale or complexity, for example:
- Greenfield design – a new asset separate from any prior work
- Brownfield design – repurposing of an existing asset
- Major energy upgrade to existing asset
- Major renovation of existing assets
EXEED applies a standardised process in energy efficient design management. Assets eligible for EXEED Certification must:
- Have a physical boundary that fully incorporates the system(s)
- Have an energy balance which includes all energy sources, energy use and energy demand
- Encompass all energy services (i.e. desired outcomes requiring energy consumption)
Certifies the asset as designed, constructed, commissioned and operational. Also incorporates handover to the owner/operator.
- Requirements: Based on I.S.399 2014 Clause 8 – Operation
- Life span: 5 years
Certifies the asset against measured and verified energy performance with quantified avoided energy consumption substantiated.
- Requirements: Based on ISO 50015 2014
- Life span: 3 years + option to re-certify every 3 years
Certifies the asset at full operational conditions. It incorporates the requirements of energy management and continual improvement of energy performance.
- Requirements: Based on ISO 50001
- Life span: Remains valid providing ISO 50001 Certification and EXEED Managed requirements are maintained.
For further information see: