Financing retrofit is a key issue in enabling deep energy retrofit in both the residential and commercial sectors. There are a number of initiatives to address different parts of the building stock. However finance remains one of the key areas where innovation is required if we are to encourage rapid uptake of deep energy retrofit. This can be a combination of supporting measures that makes renovation more attractive to the building owner.
Some related resources.
- Energy Efficiency Directive
- Concerted Action for the Energy Efficiency Directive
- Financing the Energy Renovation of Buildings with Cohesion Policy Funding (February 2014)
- Energy Efficiency Polices in Buildings – The use of Financial Instruments at member state level.
- The KfW experience in the reduction of energy use and CO2 emissions from Buildings
- KfW Jurlich STE_Research_Report 2012