Do you want the most exciting job in Irish construction?
as IGBC Membership Manager
WHO IS THE IRISH GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL?
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector.
It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is
now one of the most rapidly growing membership organisations in the Irish sustainability sector with over 400 members and year on year growth of 25% each year for the past five years.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone who will develop our membership offering, increase our engagement,develop our relationships with corporate members and continue to grow our membership.
You have a strong professional background in business development, stakeholder engagement perhaps with a background in sustainability, ESG, property or construction, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Ideally, you also have experience or qualifications in sustainability and/or construction.
You are highly motivated, passionate about sustainability and highly organised.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing our membership strategy and membership offering & building the business case for membership.
- Managing and developing relationships with our existing members
- Continuing to grow our membership.
- Identify new opportunities to add value to the membership offering in liaison with other team members.
- Working closely with IGBC’s learning & development lead to develop and co-ordinate the education and events calendar to meet member requirements.
- Developing communities of practice peer to peer learning for members to improve their expert knowledge.
- Liaise internally with IGBC staff to develop a comprehensive strategy to engage all of our members with our work, whether active members engaging in task groups or passive members seeking to upskill.
- Leading the engagement of our members with Construct Innovate, Ireland’s construction technology centre.
Qualifications and Experience required
Ideally 3rd level post-graduate in relevant topic on sustainability, construction related or experience working with a membership organisation or in an engagement capacity.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with members and key stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Good oral and written English
- Experience of event management.
- Professional demeanour with ability to appropriately represent the organisation.
- Exceptional project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Business development and account management
- Experience with a membership organisation.
- Broad knowledge of sustainability in the built environment.
- Marketing and communications skills.
- Experience of event management.
€42,000 – €55,000
Salary commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications. This will be a full time role with a six-month probationary period which can be extended. We can consider hybrid working but preference is for working on site in our 19 Mountjoy Square office, Dublin 1.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work with some events occurring outside standard hours.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to [email protected].
Closing Date: February 16th 2024