RKD Architects are seeking to recruit a Sustainability Consultant for their Dublin office.
Want to be part of an award winning, multi-disciplinary growing international practice? Resulting from our ongoing growth and recent success in securing large-scale projects, we now have a new opening for a Sustainability Consultant. This role will specifically focus on supporting our Data Centre, Life Sciences, Industrial and Manufacturing & Logistics sectors.
RKD Architects is one of Ireland’s leading architecture practices. We have a rich legacy dating back to our formation in 1913, and since then, we’ve established ourselves as one of the most diverse and effective architecture firms in Europe. Our practice specialises in a variety of sectors including Data Centres and Technology, Manufacturing and Logistics, Commercial, Life Sciences, Education and Healthcare, Workplace and Interiors. We believe in ‘Design That Works’ and are recognised as a leaders in Sustainable and Wellness design practices.
We are responsible for delivering complex projects in 25 countries across EMEA and North & South America.
With over 200 staff, our diverse workforce includes 23 different nationalities, and we are proud to have an industry leading gender balance rate with 45% female employees across our business and we are 40% female owned.
At RKD, you will get the opportunity to work in a fast-paced creative environment where you will hone your skills and expand your knowledge through continuous professional development and teamwork with recognised industry thought leaders. You will be offered the opportunity to work on local and international large-scale projects for multinational clients.
We take time out from our working environment regularly as a team, with community outreach endeavours, social events, and sports league participation. The RKD Sports & Social Committee organise a regular and diverse range of events to support a healthy work-life balance.
Sound interesting? Then find more information below..
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate the integrated design process and assist our clients and design teams to set ambitious goals for energy performance, sustainability, wellbeing, and certifications.
- Advise clients, design teams, and team members of high-performance building strategies that will contribute to their successful pursuit of goals such as certification under LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Zero Carbon Building Standard.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building envelope, lighting, and building mechanical systems including the ability to propose concepts for high performance buildings and describe benefits for energy, GHG, cost savings, and thermal comfort.
- Work on a portfolio of sustainability consulting projects across Ireland and internationally and supervise the work of other Sustainability Consultants.
- Execute whole building Life Cycle Assessments, materials comparison studies and advise clients on whole life carbon using OneClick LCA or EC3.
- Support fee preparation and fee management for the duration of the project.
- Build and maintain a high level of knowledge of industry developments and trends related to energy and building performance; provide thought leadership through chapter membership and conference presentations.
- Be a vocal contributor to policy body sustainability initiatives including Carbon Neutral operations, 2030 commitments, 2050 commitment, climate action plans and taxonomies.
- Contribute to a green culture in the workplace and provide support and mentorship to our team of intermediate and junior professionals as they build their own knowledge.
The successful Candidate
- You have 10 years of industry experience in architecture, engineering, real estate, or construction, with a focus on sustainability consulting and integrated design.
- You have earned a bachelor’s degree or diploma in sustainable design or environmental science, architecture, engineering, building science, architectural/engineering technology, or a comparable field.
- You must have the LEED Accredited Professional with specialty credential. Additional green building certification credentials preferable.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in project management and effectively tracking progress, targets, milestones, budget, and schedule.
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with design team members; ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- You are proficient in LCA tools such as OneClick and EC3.
- You are passionate about sustainability and understand the foundational concepts of sustainable buildings including energy performance, material selection, and the integrated design process.
- You are intimately familiar with the design and construction process, including knowledge of construction document sets and construction administration.
- You have been responsible for the delivery of green building projects of varying types and scales, including several years of experience with LEED or WELL.
- Competitive annual leave scheme with service-related increments.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Life Cover Plan which is part of the pension scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave contributions.
- Overseas opportunities to travel.
- Christmas Voucher Scheme.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- TaxSaver Scheme.
- Access to VHI Insurance and Dental Scheme (available for all employee’s family).
- CPD Training provided for by the Company.
- Professional Subscriptions (Paid in full by the company (RIAI, RIBA, CIAT, ACA,CIMA)
- Tuition fees supported by the Company.
- Social Club.
- Paid Study Leave.
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working hours – early Friday finish
Any CVs or expressions of interest can be submitted to [email protected]