Our member John Paul Construction is hiring a Sustainability Co-ordinator be based out of their head office in Dublin which will require occasional site visits.
The Sustainability Coordinator will support the Sustainability Manager for leading and developing sustainability strategies across the organisation, including their journey to Net Zero and all aspects of our environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Provide LEED/ WELL/ BREEAM or other sustainability certification support on a project level, to contribute towards project goals and adhere to corporate policies.
- Engage with project sustainability champions & managers, plus stakeholders (client, designer, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc.) to communicate requirements and collect data on the following:
- Material technical submittals, including environmental product declarations.
- Embodied carbon from building materials, transport and construction of buildings, including on-site fuel, electricity, water and waste.
- Communicate project sustainability requirements to project managers and champions.
- Support with developing templates, action plans and tools, plus associated training & technical support for users.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and input data into LEED/ WELL/ BREEAM forms, registers & checklists.
- Provide ESG / Sustainability Strategy support on a corporate level, to contribute towards corporate ESG/ Sustainability.
- Support the Sustainability Manager on all matters relating to ESG / Sustainability
- Experience working on LEED/ WELL/ BREEAM or other sustainability certification projects.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of sustainability, across environmental, social and economic
- Competency in data collection, collation, analysis and verification
- Capable of preparing ESG / Sustainability proposals and reports
- Ability to support with the achievement of carbon neutrality or net zero
- Degree or equivalent in sustainability
- 4+ years in a Coordinator Role
- Understanding of data management
- Experience in embedding sustainability practices and designing sustainability strategies
- Passion for sustainability
- Experience in the Construction Industry is highly desirable, but not essential
- Strong ability to collaborate and work as part of a team