The flagship event in the global green building calendar – is fast approaching! In the last week of September (23 to 29 Sept), the Irish Green Building Council and its member organisations will celebrate World Green Building Week 2019.
This year’s campaign aims to raise greater awareness of the carbon emissions from all stages of a building’s lifecycle, and therefore encourage new practices and new ways of thinking to work towards reducing carbon emissions from buildings. To date, the building and construction industry’s focus has been on operational emissions and how buildings actually perform in-use.
However, in order to fully decarbonise by 2050 to keep global warming to below 1.5 degrees, the building and construction sector must also tackle embodied emissions from the entire building lifecycle.
The Irish Green Building Council invites all members to join the 2019 World Green Building Week campaign – #BuildingLife. This is an opportunity for you to:
- Host a #BuildingLife Open House event, workshop or webinar.
- Release new reports and research on carbon emissions (operational or embodied) in Ireland
- Showcase how you are taking action to decarbonise the built environment and are building a better future
- Highlight the week on your website, blog or at your upcoming events.
- Join the conversation on social media with #BuildingLife #WGBW2019
- Make a Building Life pledge and tell us how you’ll contribute to building a better future. Share it with on social media with the hashtags #BuildingLife and #WGBW2019
- Share your knowledge, ideas, best practice and success.
Want to get involved? Contact us today.
What is World Green Building Week?
World Green Building Week (23-29 Sept 2019) is an annual campaign that motivates and empowers us all to deliver greener buildings.
This World Green Building Week, we’re #BuildingLife and exploring how we can create a green, healthy and climate resilient built environment for all.
The week is led by the World Green Building Council, its network of almost 70 Green Building Councils and their 37,000 members, and corporate partners.
Want to learn more about past World Green Building Weeks in Ireland?
- World Green Building Week 2018 – #HomeGreenHome
- World Green Building Week 2017 – #OurHeroisZero
- World Green Building Week 2016
- World Green Building Week 2015