The Irish Green Building Council, in partnership with Atlantic Technological University (ATU), Technological University Dublin (TU Dublin) and the University of Galway (UG), are delighted to invite you to the ‘National Circular Economy Roadmap’ for the Irish Construction Sector, an initiative funded by the EPA. The initiative is aimed at defining and exploiting Circularity in the Irish Construction sector by identifying the current gaps and challenges, as well as solutions and enablers. An engaging process, with stakeholders from different backgrounds and expertise in the four key circular construction areas, will be carried out through dedicated workshops and a public consultation process, before the roadmap is launched in September 2024.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
- International experts presentations
- Panel discussion with international experts
- Workshop with Irish stakeholders
- Workshop findings presented and discussed with international experts
- Lunch and refreshments
Location and Parking
UCC campus on College Road – at the Sustainable Future Lab inside the Iris Ashley Cummins Building (ex Civil Engineering Building). VGR5+W4 Cork
Car parks located at Perrott’s Inch (Goal Cross) and Perrott Avenue (College Road).
More info on UCC parking here: https://www.ucc.ie/en/build/commuting/
- Identify the current gaps and challenges regarding Circular Economy in the construction section.
- Identify solutions and enablers for a more Circular Irish Construction sector.
Areas of specific focus will include:
Circular Materials and Resources; Circular Design Processes and Procurement; Circular Business Models; Circular Renovation and Retrofit.
Why you should participate:
- Learn from International Circular Economy experts and their projects
- Excellent possibility to do networking between peers and Irish experts
- Last but not least, the possibility to contribute to the Circular Economy Roadmap
These workshops are part of CircularBuild. This project is funded under the EPA Research Programme 2021-2030. The EPA Research Programme is a Government of Ireland initiative funded by the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications.
Bookings are closed for this event.