Date(s) - 30/10/2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Join us for this information session on the use of Embodied carbon calculation and life cycle assessment in construction. Find out about the latest developments in practice, and the likely regulatory roadmap for implementation in Europe.
A new World Green Building Council’s report on embodied carbon, setting out a roadmap to net Zero carbon emissions by 2050, will be launched on that day. The session will include practical case studies on embodied carbon strategies for architects, structural engineers and other construction professionals.
Presentations will cover:
· Latest developments in Embodied carbon and policy initiatives on embodied carbon.
· Overview of best Life cycle assessment(LCA) practice.
· Applicable EN standards for LCA at product level and Building level.
· Data and software for Life Cycle Assessment and embodied carbon.
· Environmental Product Declarations – What are they and what do they measure?
· Overview of the Level(s) EU framework of construction sustainability indicators and how it considers LCA.
· Strategies to reduce embodied carbon through avoidance, design, architectural and structural, material specification and substitution
Pat Barry – CEO Irish Green Building Council – launch of World GBC report on Embodied carbon and roadmap to net zero carbon by 2050. Introduction to LCA, EPD and associated standards. Review of regulatory environment in Europe.
Cathal Heneghan – Meehan Green – Tackling embodied carbon from initial concept to construction – LCA case studies. How architects can minimise embodied carbon through design.
Bookings are closed for this event.