€100 (VAT exempt)
Discounted ticket to €85 for members of IGBC and PHAI
Discounted ticket to €50 for students
Architects and Architectural Technologists, Building Energy Assessors, Engineers, Building Surveyors, Local Authority staff, contractors and developers.
nZEB requirements for Domestic and Non-Domestic Buildings.
Overview of the nearly Zero Energy Building Standard and what this entails for both domestic and non-domestic buildings:
- Irish and European Legislative background
- Building Fabric Heat Loss (insulation, thermal bridging, windows and airtightness)
- Building Services (mechanical ventilation and domestic hot water)
- Renewable Energy Production
- Energy Performance Coefficient (EPC) and Carbon Performance Coefficient (CPC)
- Energy performance calculations and design modelling: DEAP & NEAP
Overview of the Passive House Standard: using an established standard as a route to nZEB.
- Passive House standard: history, certification criteria and energy balance
- Ensuring comfort through Passive House (whole-year even temperatures, warm winter surfaces, no summer overheating, draft-free)
- Ensuring healthy interior (mould free, condensation free, high indoor air quality, low noise pollution)
- Quality of construction detailing, execution and commissioning
- Primary energy thresholds, including renewable energy technology
- Energy performance calculations using PHPP and key differences to the DEAP.
Case study of fast-track affordable social housing built to dual certification according to nZEB and Passive House:
- Semi-detached dwelling project overview (envelope, mechanical systems, renewable energy systems)
- The ‘Seven Steps to nZEB’
- Cost optimisation – delivering superior quality at cost parity
- Overlap and divergence of nZEB and Passive House.
To book please email [email protected]