The first 6 months of 2020, despite covid19 outbreak, were very successful for EPD Ireland.
Since the beginning of the year, 7 new EPDs have been published under the programme for 19 different products, by 6 Companies (Kilsaran, Quinn Building Products, Tegral Building Products, Xtratherm, Ecocel and Integrated materials Solution Ltd).
- Kilsaran Paving Products
- Kilsaran M4 Masonry Mortar
- Quinn Hollowcore Slabs
- Cedral Fibre Cement Slates
- Ecocel Cellulose Fibre Insulation
- Xtratherm Thin-R
- IMS Greenstone Recycled Aggregates
16 EPDs have been developed and published under EPD Ireland for 65 different products. On EPD Ireland website specifiers can find 118 EPDs available from international programme operators. You can check them out here.
3 important milestones were achieved:
- Quinn Building Products developed the first EPD for a structural precast element under the programme (Quinn Hollowcore Slabs)
- Tegral published the first cradle to grave EPD published under the programme (Cedral fibre cement slate.)
- Ecocel and Integrated materials Solution Ltd published the first EPDs for products from recycled content: Ecocel Cellulose Fibre Insulation is made from recycled newspapers while Greenstone is Recycled aggregates.
The last quarter brought a lot of other great news and achievements for EPD Ireland.
In May, Sisk joined EPD commitment campaign to enable Ireland to fully decarbonise the construction sector encouraging the use of EPDs. The company joined a great group of commitment signatories: Haines, IPUT, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Dublin City Council, Meehan Green, Wain Morehead Architects, COADY Architects, Hammersons and BDP. Read how to get involved here.
In the same month, a new Free Embodied Carbon tool, One Click LCA Planetary, has been launched by One Click LCA Ltd in Ireland which includes all EPD Ireland’s data.
Moreover, in the latest 6 months, EPDs on our website have been downloaded 661 times.