The producer should allow for the following fees when assessing the full costs of developing and publishing EPD under the programme.
- LCA consultant – these are fees paid to the manufacturer’s own consultant – These are not set by EPD Ireland and need to negotiated by manufacturer. SME clients of Enterprise Ireland may be able to apply for Green Start or Green Plus programmes to cover most of the cost of developing an LCA. Read more here.
- Verifier Fees– set fees by EPD Ireland for verification of the LCA report to be paid directly to the verifier appointed by EPD Ireland.
- Publication fees – Set fees set by EPD Ireland – to be paid directly to EPD Ireland/IGBC to create EPD from the LCA report.
- ECO Platform fees – These are annual fees paid by manufacturer to EPD Ireland/IGBC to be registered on ECO Platform and to carry ECO Platform logo. It is not mandatory to register the EPD as ECO Platform EPD,but is recommended for those exporting products to European markets.
EPD Verification fees
The producer of the EPD will pay the designated fee to the verifier appointed by IGBC for verification based on the scale of fees set by the programme.
All fees exclude VAT
Single variation EPD
This is an EPD with just one product and where a separate EPD is prepared for each product variation.
|1 EPD||2 EPD||3 EPD||Additional EPD|
Example – Single variation EPD
Multi variation EPD
Where manufacturer wishes to include variations eg. density, thickness within the same EPD rather than creating separate EPD for each one and is declaring a full set of LCA tables for each, there is a small charge for each table. This is to cover the time of the verifier to check each of the tables.
|Single variation EPD||2 variations||3 variations||Each additional variation|
Example: Multi variation EPD
The fee scale applies to standard construction products and assumes that additional EPD are from the same product group and based on the same LCA report, requiring only minor changes to the EPD text and changing the data in the LCA tables.
Where EPD are for more complex products such as HVAC equipment are to be verified, these fees may be higher. In this case, EPD Ireland will agree on a fee scale with the manufacturer and the verifier.
The verification fees assume that the Life Cycle Assessment consultant presents all of the required information in the correct format. The LCA consultant must be fully familiar with both EN 15804 and CEN TR 16970: 2016, and the EPD Ireland PCR. They should also use the verifier checklist to ensure that they have met all the mandatory requirements of the verification prior to submitting the LCA report. This avoids iteration during the verification.
The information may be acceptable to be verified in two stages
- The LCA report.
- EPD can be submitted to be checked based on verified EPD.
Where LCA consultant continually fails to meet the requirements set out in the standards and in the verifier checklist requiring excessive iteration of the verification then additional fees may be applied based on an hourly rate of €100.
These may only be applied in agreement with the EPD Ireland.
EPD Registration and publishing fees
A publication and registration fee will be charged for the processing and publishing of the verified EPD on the EPD Ireland Platform. This includes the cost of appointing the verifier and overseeing the verification process, processing the EPD into a the standard EPD Ireland graphic design format, hosting the EPD and the proper administration of the EPD Ireland programme.
This fee is paid directly to IGBC. The fees are per product group reflecting the fact that the EPD may be identical in all respects apart from density or thickness of the product and assumes minor changes between EPD.
IGBC offers discounted rates for IGBC members:
- 10% for standard members
- 12.5 % for silver members
- 25% for gold members
- 50% for platinum members
You are not a member yet? Find out how to join us here.
EPD Registration and publishing fees (excluding VAT) are set as follows:
|Number of EPD registered at same time||1st time Registration fee once off||Annual charge. Not currently charged.|
|Add €200 for each additional EPD|
|Inclusion of additional product variations tables within same EPD*||€50 per variation|
This covers the additional graphic design time in including additional variations.