What does the training cover:
- The purpose of EU Level(s), and the concepts behind EU Level(s) Indicator 1.2 LifeCycle Global Warming Potential
- The stages of a Life Cycle Assessment of Buildings, EN 15978
- Using data to document embodied carbon including Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and EN 15804
- How to use the Carbon Designer for Ireland tool to measure embodied carbon at early design stage
- Indicate methodology to calculate embodied carbon, developed for the Irish built environment
Why consider this training?
- Lifecycle Assessment is due to become an EU regulatory requirement in the coming years as the draft EPBD (Energy Performance of Buildings Directive) schedules it as mandatory for buildings over 1,000m2 in 2027 and all buildings by 2030.
- The Oireachtas Committee on Housing, Local Government and Heritage have stated that there is a skills deficit in understanding embodied carbon and recommends that a Whole Life Carbon assessment should be a requirement as part of the planning permission process.
- Many building certification schemes requiring carbon and life cycle analysis
- Learn to understand where the embodied carbon hotspots are in the lifecycle of a building in order to address them.
What does the course involve?
- On demand videos you can do at your own pace
- A live Zoom session with our WLC expert
- A CPD certificate on completion
Bookings & Costs
Standard Ticket: € 189
IGBC Member Ticket: € 89
Request to pay by invoice or purchase multiple places email [email protected]
Stephen Barrett, Whole Life Carbon Project Lead at IGBC.
Stephen has an MSC. in Sustainability & Adaptation in the Built Environment and has worked as an LCA (Life Cycle Analysis) Specialist contractor. Read more here.
|This training is funded by Life Level(s) project, grant agreement number LIFE 18 GIE/ES/000911 Life for LLL(s) and co-funded by Department of Environment, Climate and Communications, and the Building Life project.
Find all the data, tools, information you need to carry out EN15804 compliant whole life carbon assessment of buildings in Ireland on our Whole Life Carbon Hub.