The selected candidate will be fully involved in the day-to-day operational activities of the Irish Green Building Council. While also gaining specific experience in marketing, research, funded projects (Horizon 2020) and sustainable buildings.
- Marketing: Researching, compiling and circulating e-newsletters and e-shots, content curation, social media management and community engagement, etc.
- Event Management: Marketing, liaising with venues, designers, speakers and sponsors, logistics, etc. In particular, the successful candidate will be highly involved in organising and promoting Future Shape 2016, Ireland’s Conference for a Sustainable Built Environment, and Build Upon’s workshops
- Project Assistance: Assisting in the delivery of the key objectives of the IGBC’s funded projects (e.g. Build Upon), through a series of set project activities, including delivery of all documentation according to individual project guidelines.
- Interest in gaining experience in marketing, research and / or project management
- Strong interest in sustainability issues
- A primary degree in marketing, communication, public policy or similar
About the IGBC
Launched in 2011, the IGBC has grown to become the leading authority on sustainable building best practices in Ireland. The IGBC is made up of over 80 organisations spanning the entire value chain of the built environment. These include educational institutions, local authorities, architects, engineers, energy companies, leading national and transnational companies. All of them work together to accelerate the adoption of green building principles, policies, standards and tools.
About Build Upon
Build Upon is a €2.35m project, funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. It is led by Green Building Councils from 13 countries, with the IGBC facilitating the process in Ireland. The aim of the project is to build a community of stakeholders to design and implement Ireland’s national renovation strategy (as required under EU law).
This is a 6 month unpaid internship.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV plus cover note to Marion Jammet ([email protected]), by Thursday 24th March 2016.