Are you passionate about sustainability?
We are looking for a Project and Marketing support officer
Do you want a job where you can make a real difference in tackling climate change?
WHO IS THE IRISH GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL?
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector.
It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is now at an exciting stage of its development as it rolls out two programmes, the Home Performance Index and EPD Ireland.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are seeking a staff member who can support our increasing workload across a number of areas and in particular in the marketing, promotion and dissemination of our programmes and events.
You are joining a small staff of 5, so the key requirement is the flexibility to work across a wide range of activities and projects. We are starting a number of exciting H2020 projects (Smarter Finance, Turnkey retrofit and Build Upon 2), as well as running ongoing programmes: Home Performance Index certification for new homes and EPD Ireland – Assessing the environmental foot printing of products.
Good communication skills with understanding of social media, branding, visuals and graphics. Ideally you may have an understanding of the Irish construction sector and have sufficient relevant education background to support ongoing research requirements.
Highly motivated, ability to focus on detail without losing the bigger picture. Flexibility required to work on highly diverse projects.
Responsibilities will include
- Researching, compiling and circulating e-newsletters and e-shots, content curation, social media management and community engagement, etc.
- Developing and marketing our events programme including driving sponsorship.
- Event management including attendee customer services and on-site logistics
- Developing industry campaigns associated with our various projects.
- Administrating and marketing the Environmental Declaration Programme – EPD Ireland, including liaising with manufacturers, verifiers to develop the final published EPD.
- Relationship building and networking with members and prospective members.
Qualifications and Experience required
3rd level primary qualifications. A scientific or technical background would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual and social media communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Experience of research through post graduate programme or other.
- Numeracy and technical skills to understand technical aspects of role.
- Experience of creating social media campaigns.
- Experience using Graphic design, publishing tools and video software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Understanding of Quality assurance schemes.
Salary €23,000 – €28,000 commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications. This will be a two-year fixed contract with a six month probationary period.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to Pat@igbc.ie.
Closing Date: August 31st 2019