WHO IS THE IRISH GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL?
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector. It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is now at an exciting stage of its development as it builds capacity for Net Zero Whole Life Carbon.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We need someone to provide advocacy support on our current projects and to activate and engage members and other key stakeholders. You are joining a small (8 currently) but growing staff, so the key requirement is the flexibility to work across a wide range of activities and projects. You will be working on a number of projects related to Life Cycle Carbon, Circularity and Renovation. including www.lifelevels.eu
You may have a construction, marketing or communication related background.
Excellent communications skills both written and verbal. You must be interested and passionate about tackling climate change and in broader sustainability issues. Flexibility required to work on highly diverse projects.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing industry campaigns associated with our various projects.
- Outreach to companies and organisations to support a number of our campaigns and advocacy programmes.
- Designing engagement processes to maximise input from stakeholders.
- Relationship building with members, prospective members and other key stakeholders to engage them in IGBC projects.
- Working on advocating for our Whole Life Zero Carbon programme, circularity and renovation.
- Support with reporting to funders.
Qualifications and Experience required
Ideally 3rd level degree and with experience of developing and supporting campaigns for change, and stakeholder engagement. Knowledge of the construction industry and/or experience in sustainability would be an advantage.
- Experience of communications and advocacy campaigns to a professional audience.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently as a self-starter and collaboratively
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Experience of workshop organisation/management
- Sales and marketing experience
Salary commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications. This will be initially a two-year fixed contract with a six-month probationary period.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to Pat@igbc.ie.
Closing Date: December 31th 2020