WHO IS THE IRISH GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL?
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector.
It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is a rapidly growing organisation currently with 16 staff.
WHO DO WE NEED?
You will lead, develop and implement our Learning and Development strategy, develop comprehensive industry programmes and peer to peer learning for our members, working in close collaboration with industry and expert IGBC staff.
Ideally you will have a background in learning and development. You should also have good English, oral and written communication skills with the ability to make clear and engaging presentations as will involve consultation with stakeholders. Ideally you also have experience or qualifications in sustainability and or construction.
You are highly motivated, strategic thinker, committed to grow a career in sustainability, highly organised with strong business acumen.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing a comprehensive midterm and long term learning and development strategy for IGBC including business plan
- Working with the subject matter expertise internally within IGBC and externally to develop new and improve existing learning materials and programmes related to ESG, Taxonomy, Green procurement, LCA, LCC, IAQ, Zero Carbon, Biodiversity, climate adaptation etc.
- Developing peer to peer learning programmes for members to improve their expert knowledge.
- Delivering IGBC’s part of the Digital Academy for the Built Environment (DASBE) with consortium partners. https://dasbe.ie/
- Liaising closely with Membership director to identify training needs of members.
- Develop strategic partnerships with existing training and education providers.
- Liaising with marketing department to ensure strong take up of programmes.
- Contribute to writing new grant funding proposals to help develop new programmes.
Qualifications and Experience required
May have a combination of 3rd level post-graduate/ Masters qualifications/doctoral research, in sustainability, education, construction or business related topics suited to development of successful high quality programmes.
- Experience in developing education and training programmes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of research through post graduate programme or other.
- Understanding of adult learning and pedagogical theory.
- Understanding of quality assurance schemes.
- Experience of writing funding proposals.
Indicative Salary €40- 50,000 commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications and subject to negotiation. This will be initially a two-year fixed contract with a six-month probationary period which can be extended. We can consider remote working or part time contracts due to living costs in Dublin but must be available for regular in office meetings in our 19 Mountjoy Square office, Dublin 1.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to [email protected].
Closing Date: March 10th 2023