WHO IS THE IRISH GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL?
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector.
It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is a small but growing organisation.
WHO DO WE NEED?
Your principle role will be as a project officer to manage and implement a SEAI R & D funded project on driving renovation in the commercial sector including managing external project partners. You will also contribute to other work within IGBC.
Ideally you will have experience managing funded projects with different stakeholders. You are from a property related, construction, engineering background. You should also have good English, oral and written communication skills with the ability to make clear and engaging presentations as will involve consultation with stakeholders. You will also ideally have experience or qualifications in ESG, sustainability and or construction.
You are highly motivated to work with a green NGO, and must be passionate about sustainability in the built environment and highly organised with an interest in driving renovation in the commercial real estate sector.
Responsibilities will include
- Lead multi partner project and ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Liaising internally with relevant subject matter expertise within IGBC.
- Liasing externally with partners to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Reporting to funding body on six monthly basis.
Qualifications and Experience required
Ideally 3rd level with a preference for property, engineering, construction related qualifications.
- Experienced in project management ideally on funded projects such as EU H2020, SEAI RD& D etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in the Irish or European property sector.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate.
- A strong interest or knowledge of ESG in property.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement.
Indicative Salary €38,000 -€48,000 commensurate with relevant experience, skills and qualifications. This will be initially a two-year fixed contract with a six-month probationary period which can be extended. We can consider remote working or part time contracts due to living costs in Dublin but preference is for working in our 19 Mountjoy Square office, Dublin 1.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to Pat@igbc.ie.
Closing Date: January 24th 2022