WHO DO WE NEED?
Education is a core activity of the IGBC. You will lead programmes, and develop and coordinate all our events, education and peer to peer learning working in close collaboration with the other members of our team and external stakeholders, including members.
You have a strong professional background in events, education or training, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Ideally, you also have experience or qualifications in sustainability and/or construction.
You are highly motivated, passionate about sustainability and highly organised.
Responsibilities will include
- Managing and developing our existing education offer including LEED, Home Performance Index training, Whole Life Carbon etc
- Co-ordinating the development of high-quality education CPD programmes working with the subject matter expertise internally within IGBC and externally to develop programmes related to ESG, Taxonomy, LCA, LCC, IAQ, Zero Carbon, Biodiversity, etc.
- Co-ordinating delivery of mixed more delivery via high quality pre-recorded educational online content, face to face, and education platforms.
- Developing communities of practice peer to peer learning for members to improve their expert knowledge.
- Organising IGBC’s events both face to face and online, co-ordinating the development of the event programme, researching and inviting speakers.
- Building relationships with IGBC members and key stakeholders to define need and to develop quality programmes
- Delivering IGBC’s part of the Digital Academy for the Built Environment (DASBE) with consortium partners, including all aspects of reporting and record-keeping for the DASBE project
- Securing sponsors for IGBC events
- Curating maintaining and liaising with internal Subject matter expertise to ensure that IGBC’s learning hub and course mail remains up to date.
- Contributing to ad hoc IGBC activities as required
Qualifications and Experience required
Ideally 3rd level post-graduate in relevant topic or experience in events and education.
- Experience in training development
- Experience in event organisation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Good oral and written English
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with members and key stakeholders
- Professional demeanour with ability to appropriately represent the organisation
- Exceptional project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Good IT skills and good analytical skills
- Be a self-starter able to work on own initiative with attention to detail and with a commitment to see projects through to completion with agreed deadlines
- Experience of research through post graduate programme or other.
- Experience in the Irish or UK construction sector and practical application of LCA.
- Training and educational skills.
- Understanding of quality assurance schemes.
- Experience of writing funding proposals.
Salary commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications and subject to negotiation. This will be initially a two-year fixed contract with a six-month probationary period which can be extended. We can consider remote working or part-time contracts due to living costs in Dublin but preference is for working on site in our 19 Mountjoy Square office, Dublin 1.
If you believe that you are the right person to help us transform our industry, send a CV and an email outlining (in one page) what you would bring to the position and the IGBC to Pat@igbc.ie.
Closing Date: January 11th 2022