When facing the environmental challenges ahead, we all must act now. The building sector has considerable responsibility, and the Irish Green Building Council can help you take action.
But where to begin? As a first step into your sustainability journey, you can sign our Level(s) Procurement commitment, a pledge to use some of the indicators of the EU framework Level(s):
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Level(s) is a framework of common indicators developed by the EU to be used throughout Europe to mainstream sustainable buildings. It addresses 6 macro objectives: Greenhouse gas emissions along a building’s life cycle, Resource-efficient and circular material lifecycles, Efficient use of water resources, Healthy and comfortable spaces, Adaptation and resilience, Optimised life cycle cost and value.
Level(s) forms a key part of the EU’s delivery of the Green Deal and Ireland’s National Policy on Architecture.
Read more about EU framework Level(s) & Life Levels project here.
Committing to using the indicators above and incorporating them into your procurement processes, might seem a small action, but it can create a significant and unstoppable impact!
You won’t be alone on this journey! IGBC will provide you with assistance, useful content, and training to support your pledge.
As a company or a public agency, you’ll be part of a huge network of signatories around Europe: Spain, the Netherland, Germany, Croatia, Finland, France, and Italy.
Sign the commitment now. It’s easy!
Download the form below, fill it with the required information including your signature, and send it back to Irene with your organisation’s logo.
Once signed, we’ll promote your pledge within our network:
- sharing the news on our social media & newsletters: we will ask you for a picture and/or your logo + a quote to create a customised social media card to let everyone knows that you are driving the change!
- include your logo on this page together with all the Irish signatories.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Irene
- Best practice guide to support incorporating Level(s) LCA, LCC and IAQ indicators into the Public Procurement process
- Implementation of Circularity, WLC and LCC in Public Construction Projects – Handbook
- European Commission E-learning platform & tools
- Level(s) – Sustainable performance in buildings
- Whole Life Cycle Training
- Carbon Designer for Ireland
- Whole Life Cycle Hub
- LCA Tools & links
- LCC Training (scroll the page to find the next dates)
- IAQ Training (scroll the page to find the next dates)
- Healthy Materials Webinar
- Circularity in construction on our Learning Hub
- Circular Economy in the Built Environment – Course Mail
- Our projects in Circularity
This commitment is supported by:
|The Life for LCA LCC Level(s) project (short: LIFE Level(s)) h received funding from the LIFE Programme of the European Union.
The European Union’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the EU cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
|CircularLife is funded by EPA Green Enterprise.|
|The Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage funded the social media campaign to promote this commitment online as part of the implementation of the National Policy on Architecture ‘Places for people’ that promotes the power of architecture and design to bring about a more sustainable society|