World Green Building Week - Events
September 09, 2011 at 9:32 PM
We are celebrating World Green Building Week (WGBW) from Sept 19 - 23. It is marked annually by Green Building Councils around the world during the third week in September with events and activities to draw attention to the importance of creating greener, healthier, more sustainable buildings and communities.
This year, the Irish Green Building Council is planning 3 days of events which run from 19-21 Sept (Mon, Tues, Wed) at the Dublin Architecture Space (darc space gallery) on North Great George’s Street in Dublin. In addition we invite you to participate in the other Green Building themed events organised by other bodies. There is at least one event happening each day. Most events are open to non members with a number retricteed to members only and invited guests. We have arranged discounts for IGBC members participating in events organised by other bodies as part of our policy of encouraging cross disciplinary sharing of information. The events include:
- Lunchtime talk hosted by Ecocem on Carbon Footprinting on Monday 19th September,
- Lunchtime talk hosted by EASCA on FRESH F7 European Project, on Tuesday 20th September
- Lunchtime talk hosted by Scott Tallon Walker Architects on 21st September.
- An evening networking event on 20 Sept for members of GBC and invited guests at 6pm, sponsored by Colliers International.
- WGBC Webinar - Climate Change talks, IGBC members only
- IPFMA annual Conference. IGBC members discount available.
- IIEA 2nd annual Retrofit Conference - Bringing retrofit to market. IGBC members discount available.
- CIBSE Webinar- Passive House Myth or Reality - 22nd September
- Meeting of European Networks of Green Building Councils in Brussels with European parliament MEPs and commission officials - 22nd September
For more information on each of these events click on the links above.